Experienced Residential Manager
We are not-yet registered. Our 4-bed residential home, located in South Derbyshire (DE11 postcode) will support to 2 young people, aged between 7 and 18 with suspected mental health trauma, educational and behavioural difficulties (EBD).
At The Bettermeant Group, we are looking to recruit a CQC / Ofsted Registered Manager for our new Children's home based in DE11 postcode.
You will be supported by the highly experience Responsible Individual (RI) and the Directors.
Together with the RI you will apply for CQC and Ofsted registration (all documents are ready for submission!).
If you are currently working in a Children's Residential Setting with 2 years or more experience and hold a Level 3 or higher qualification in Health and Social Care, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have the skills, experience and passion to lead a team to achieve excellence in relational and trauma informed child-centric practice?
We'd love to hear from you, please get in touch!
All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We are open to discussions about a wide range of flexible working opportunities.
Our plan is to grow The Bettermeant Group to provide several residential children’s homes for looked-after young people, offering medium to long-term placements and occasional emergency stays.
We are seeking conscientious and skilled individuals to become members of our team, who will support and share our vision:
- Supporting and rehabilitating children and young people into the community
- Assist young people with healing their deeply ingrained wounds
- Help to reshape their mentality to become more balanced
- Work on unlocking their abilities to shape a positive future and teach the importance of education.
Through no fault of their own, each young person we will house, will present a behavioural challenge to our staff, but the resilient and resourceful team will be able to negotiate and de-escalate all situation.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a RM you will provide the highest standards of care to our young people and leadership to our care staff.
- You will ensure the child-centric culture is instilled into everything we do
- You will ensure staff are empathetic, considerate, caring and understanding to every individual child
- You will contribute to an in-house system where self-evaluation and key progress indicators (KPIs) drive a culture of quality assurance and self-improvement
- You will hold the registration under the Care Standards Act 2000, maintaining registration standards and adhering to the legislations, Acts, regulations, as well as The Bettermeant Group’ policies and procedures
- You will ensure that the home’s occupancy targets are achieved and proactively keep full occupancy at the Home.
Your effective leadership of the home will oversee organisation, management and staffing that delivers the best possible care to the young people who will live at the home.
The outstanding service will be delivered with effective communication and administration.
You will make sure that the CQC and Ofsted Codes of Practice, up-to-date legislations, and expectations of the relevant inspecting bodies are adhered to.
We are investing in our workforce and are promoting opportunities to our under-represented groups. We value equality, diversity and inclusion and are focused on increasing the diversity of our workforce, particularly the number of Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Disabled and LGBTQ+ people, so that our teams reflect the communities in the city we serve. We are also supporting staff with unpaid caring responsibilities to work flexibly. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.